What does this switch to SafeSend mean for me?
You will no longer receive a paper copy of your Income Tax Return; everything will now be electronic. Businesses (C-Corp, S-Corp, Partnerships, Estate/Trusts) will still be processed as they have been in the past for now.
Can I access my return any time?
Yes, a copy of your return is accessible via a unique, secure access link for seven years. In addition, you can download a copy of your return at any time.
How will I know my return is ready for signing?
An email notification will be sent from email@example.com and further instructions will be sent from our office once your return is completed and ready for signing.
What is the preferred method of receiving my documents?
We are glad you asked! As we strive to become 100% paperless, the preferred method of receiving your original documents is through ShareFile, our secure, online file transfer system. If you do not currently have an account and would like to submit your documents online, please call the office and we will set you up with an account. Please DO NOT submit your documents or any other personal information through email, this method is not secure. Although our preferred method of receiving your information is through ShareFile, we understand that this may not work for everyone. You can still provide your documents via mail or hand delivery, if needed.
Here are some helpful hints for using ShareFile:
- Make sure your username and password are working before you need to upload or download documents
- Please streamline your document submission process – If you decide to use ShareFile, please use it for all of your documents
- Clearly label your files to indicate what they are
- If possible, try to upload your documents as a PDF, Excel or Word document
- Send a follow-up email to your Melanson Heath contact person so that we can confirm receipt of your documents
- Remember: ShareFile is not a document repository – this means that the files will only be available for 365 days