By: Bruce Ruotsala, CPA, Senior Staff Accountant
When it comes to owning your own business, it is easy to get caught up in the day-to-day hustle and bustle. It is important to step back from your annual tax compliance and look at the overall picture of your business and your long-term plan.
Here is a list of top 5 questions to ask your accountant for business management planning:
- What business structure is most appropriate for my circumstances?
- How would my business function if my bookkeeper left tomorrow?
- How do I know if I need to upgrade my accounting software?
- Do I need my financial statements compiled, reviewed, or audited?
- What should my exit strategy be? What are the tax consequences of selling my business?
Melanson Heath has extensive experience dealing with businesses of all types. We have the expertise to assist you the structure of your business, as well as help you plan for the future. Contact us and let us be a partner in your success.