Job Title: Accounting Assistant
Location: MH Operations – Nashua office
- Responsible for monthly client billing which includes the preparation of monthly billing reports for managers and applying billing against staff time entry.
- Assist Controller with month-end close process which includes the reconciliation of multiple cash, credit card, and other GL accounts as well as entering and posting journal entries in both Sage 100 and QuickBooks.
- Prepares accounts payable check runs and maintains A/P files and records.
- Learn time management system, new client and project setup and maintenance, time entry oversight and maintenance, and workflow software.
- Provide support to accountants, auditors and management as needed and requested, handle special projects as assigned, and incidental tasks for the firm in general as needed.
- Provide backup to receptionists which includes periodically answering phones, greeting clients, mail and shipping processing, file/record management, archiving/scanning, scheduling client appointments, and the binding of financial related reports.
- Assist with tax return assembly and manage E-file processing.
- Ensure all such job functions are performed in accordance with firm policies and procedures.
- Associates Degree and/or relevant business experience (5+ years) in a small to mid-sized office environment; financial service environment a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational, communication and analytical skills.
- Good work ethic, service driven, and the ability to learn and take on responsibility while working both independently and within a team in a seasonally fast-paced environment.
- Confidence to work with initiative, develop technical skills, and a desire to learn.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365, superior skills in Excel, Word, Adobe, and Outlook; the proven ability to learn time & billing or other industry specific software applications a plus.
- Experience with QuickBooks and/or Sage 100 a plus.
- Ability to stand for periods of time at copier machines and compiling desk.
Click here to apply for this position