Job Title: Experienced Staff Accountant – Not for Profit
Job Location: Manchester, NH
- Perform audits and other client services in the office and at clients’ offices.
- Perform audit procedures in accordance with auditing standards, prepare documentation necessary to support audit work papers, and assist in the preparation of audited financial statements for governmental and nonprofit clients.
- Prepare nonprofit tax forms.
- Read and be familiar with pronouncements from the AICPA, FASB, GASB, and the OMB’s Uniform Guidance.
- Read and be familiar with tax laws as they relate to nonprofit organizations.
- Prepare to sit for and pass the CPA examination (if eligible).
- Understand Firm policies and procedures.
- Look for opportunities to provide additional services to our clients.
- Perform other job functions and projects as requested to support the Firm.
- Must be able to travel to client locations (usually within one to two hours of the office), approximately 50-60% of the time.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting required.
- Master of Science Degree in Accountancy preferred.
- 2-3 years’ experience as an auditor
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are a MUST.
- Motivated, service driven, strong work ethic, good organizational skills, and the ability and desire to take on responsibility.
- Confidence to work directly with our top managers and principals, as well as client personnel.
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft products, advanced Excel and Word, QuickBooks experience is a plus.