TYPE: Exempt, Full Time
LOCATION: Nashua, NH
Melanson Heath is a privately held regional public accounting firm with 125 employees, 5 offices in 3 states (MA, NH, ME), and are growing! We offer an unwavering commitment to meeting and exceeding the expectations of not only our clients, but also our dedicated employees, and the betterment of our community as a whole. We are one of the fastest growing firms in the US and a Regional Leader for New England according to Accounting Today.
We have created a new role: Human Resources Manager. This position reports to the COO/CHRO and is responsible for the delivery of services, policies, and HR programs, as well as providing a high level of customer service to all internal customers. This position represents the firm at outside events, including school and corporate functions of all types. Our Human Resources Manager needs to be prepared to touch the entire life cycle of an employee. In this hands-on role, the right candidate will be able to exhibit autonomy and be future-focused.
Can’t check all of the required boxes? That’s ok! We are looking for someone that has the passion to grow within this position at our firm and we are willing to train and develop the right candidate.
- Develop, contribute to, and support Melanson Heath’s mission, vision, values and strategic goals, and objectives.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the recruiting/interviewing efforts of the firm. Create and maintain job descriptions. Manage the onboarding process.
- First point of contact for all employee and HR related matters.
- Keep COO/CHRO informed of issues resolved and escalate issues when appropriate. Contribute to a team effort for providing support to staff.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the HRIS system and all HR files, whether electronic or paper, and tracking metrics as required.
- Responsible for administering all benefits, wellness and safety programs, leave programs (FMLA, STD, LTD), and teambuilding initiatives.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the firm’s performance appraisals and performance management systems and processes.
- Responsible for identifying and exploring opportunities for improvement in HR services and processes.
- Payroll processing and reporting (outsourced).
- Work with COO/CHRO on all firm compliance items.
- Work on special projects with Marketing, Operations, and Administrative departments and any special projects or firm initiatives.
- Model behavior of a leader, confidant, and embracing the firm’s values of honesty, kindness, fairness, perseverance, bravery, and judgment.
- Position involves travel to colleges, events, and other offices. Some evenings required. Travel estimated to be less than 10%, no overnight travel required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Relevant HR experience (3 – 5+ years).
- Prefer a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources.
- Strongly prefer a SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP or PHR/SPHR.
- Excellent ability to demonstrate maturity, discretion, judgement, creativity, sensitivity, and confidentiality in changing situations and, identifying and acknowledging when escalation of issues is required.
- Ability to achieve results through influence versus authority.
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills, strength in Excel.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent change and high-quality standards and expectation of quick response times.
- Strong customer service and superior organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to prioritize.
- Ability to take on responsibility, work independently with initiative, and remain self-driven and has superior time management skills.
- Comfortable being a sole contributor but work well in teams too.
- Excellent presentation, communication, listening, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop technical skills, and strong desire to learn.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.