Job Title: Experienced Staff Accountant – Commercial
Job Location: Manchester, NH
- Perform audit, reviews, compilations, and other client services in the office and at clients’ offices.
- Preform audit procedures, prepare all documentation necessary to support audit work papers, and assist with and/or prepare audited financial statements for commercial clients.
- Prepare tax returns, tax planning and research as appropriate. Create clear and concise documentation to support accounting functions for commercial clients.
- In some instances, assume substantial responsibility for small accounting engagements involving compiled or reviewed financial statements and tax returns.
- Read and be familiar with pronouncements from the AICPA and FASB along with various tax authorities, strategies and laws.
- Sit for and pass the CPA examination (if eligible).
- Stay up-to-date on firm policies, procedures, and the AICPA and the state CPA society’s rules, regulations, and Code of Ethics.
- Look for opportunities to provide additional services to our clients.
- Perform other job functions and projects as requested to support the firm.
- Must be able to travel to client locations (rarely overnight).
- Meet the firms CPE requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required. Masters in Accountancy or Taxation preferred. Minimum of 2 years of relevant business experience required.
- Quickbooks experience required.
- Good work ethic, service driven, strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and written skills are a MUST.
- Confidence to work directly with our top managers and shareholders.
- Desire to learn and develop technical skills.