Job Title: Staff Accountant – commercial
Location: Nashua, NH and Manchester, NH
- Prepare tax returns, tax planning and research as appropriate. Create clear and concise documentation to support accounting functions for commercial clients.
- Perform reviews, and compilations in the office and at clients’ offices
- In some instances, assume substantial responsibility for small accounting engagements involving compiled or reviewed financial statements and tax returns
- Read and be familiar with pronouncements from the AICPA and FASB along with various tax authorities, strategies and laws.
- Sit for and pass the CPA examination (if eligible)
- Stay up-to-date on firm policies, procedures, and the AICPA and the state CPA society’s rules, regulations, and Code of Ethics
- Look for opportunities to provide additional services to our clients
- Perform other job functions and projects as requested to support the firm
- Must be able to travel to client locations (rarely overnight)
- Meet the firms CPE requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required. Master’s in Accountancy or Taxation preferred. Relevant business experience a plus.
- QuickBooks experience required.
- Good work ethic, service driven, strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and written skills are a MUST.
- Confidence to work directly with our top managers and shareholder’s from the start.
- Desire to learn and develop technical skills.