Locations available: Andover, MA
- Conduct and supervise audits in the office and at clients’ offices
- Assume full responsibility for the review, presentation and completion of any financial statements before submission to partner or manager
- Review reports processed by administrative staff
- Supervise and train Staff accountants and Senior Staff accountants
- Review and analyze internal controls
- Stay up-to-date on firm policies, procedures, and the AICPA and the state CPA society’s rules, regulations, and Code of Ethics
- Look for opportunities to provide additional services to our clients
- Plan engagements to achieve quality goals and reduce time required for completion of engagements
- Perform other job functions and projects as requested to support the firm
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining a personal network; participation in professional organizations
- Leads and nurtures a work culture that promotes open and frequent communication among staff; stimulating teamwork to accomplish desired goals and objectives
- Must be able to travel to client locations 50% of time
- Minimum 5 – 8 years’ experience in audit, preferably in public accounting
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience supervising a staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required. Master’s in Accountancy preferred.
- CPA desired
- Good work ethic, service driven, strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to take on responsibility, and desire to develop and maintain clients.
- Confidence to work directly with partners and a personal drive to learn and develop technical skills
- Expert level skills in Excel and Word.
- Experience with CCH ProSystem fx and CCH Engagement desired.