This unique position offers a split between a traditional tax role and private accounting work inside a public accounting firm. We require an experienced accountant with 2+ years’ experience, CPA preferred. Strong accounting, client relations, and job management skills are necessary to succeed in this Nashua based role. The ideal candidate will be fluent in Spanish and English. Responsibilities include individual and corporate tax preparation, recording of transactions for multi-million dollar entities, working with international clientele, knowledge of compliance issues/requirements, including IFRS.
Job Title: Staff Accountant – Commercial and Private Accounting
Location: Nashua, NH
- Assume substantial responsibility for recording transactions for multi-million dollar entities
- Work with client personnel around the world
- Continued knowledge of compliance issues including International Financial Reporting Standards
- Perform audits, reviews, and compilations in the office
- Prepare tax returns, perform other accounting projects, and create all documentation necessary to support accounting functions for commercial clients
- Read and be familiar with pronouncements from the AICPA and FASB
- Stay up-to-date on firm policies, procedures, and the AICPA and the state CPA society’s rules, regulations, and Code of Ethics
- Look for opportunities to provide additional services to our clients
- Perform other job functions and projects as requested to support the firm
- Must be able to travel to client locations (rarely overnight)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, preferably a Masters in Accountancy or Taxation. CPA preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in public accounting and/or relevant business experience.
- Bi-lingual Spanish/ English preferred. Ideal candidate will be fluent in both languages and be asked to facilitate conversations between those that are not.
- Good work ethic, service driven, strong organizational skills, and the ability to take on responsibility, and a drive to learn and develop technical skills.