Job Title: Staff Accountant/Auditor – Nonprofit Audit
Job Location: Manchester
- Perform audits and other client services in our office and at clients’ offices
- Perform audit procedures in accordance with auditing standards, prepare all documentation necessary to support audit work papers, and assist in the preparation of audited financial statements for governmental and nonprofit clients
- Prepare nonprofit tax forms.
- Read and be familiar with pronouncements from the AICPA, FASB, and GASB, and the OMB’s Uniform Guidance.
- Read and be familiar with tax laws as they relate to nonprofit organizations.
- Sit for and pass the CPA examination (if eligible)
- Understand firm policies and procedures.
- Look for opportunities to provide additional services to our clients.
- Perform other job functions and projects as requested to support the Firm
- Must be able to travel to client locations (usually within one to two hours of the office), approximately 50-60%
- Meet the firms CPE requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required. Masters in Accountancy preferred. Relevant business experience is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, are a MUST.
- Motivated, service driven, strong work ethic, good organizational skills, and the ability and desire to take on responsibility.
- Confidence to work directly with our top managers and principals, as well as client personnel.
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft products, advanced Excel and Word, QuickBooks experience a plus.