Title: Staff Accountant/Auditor – Governmental Audit
Locations: Andover, MA and Nashua, NH
- Perform audits and other client services in our office and at clients’ offices
- Perform audit procedures, prepare all documentation necessary to support audit work papers, and assist with and/or prepare audited financial statements for municipal and not-for-profit clients
- Read and be familiar with pronouncements from the AICPA, FASB, and GASB
- Sit for and pass the CPA examination (if eligible)
- Stay up-to-date on firm policies, procedures, and the AICPA and the state CPA society’s rules, regulations, and Code of Ethics
- Ability to work closely with clients to discuss any issues, ask questions, inquire about opportunities to provide additional services, etc.
- Perform other job functions and projects as requested to support the firm
- Must be able to travel to client locations (usually within one to two hours of the office), approximately 50-60%
- Meet the firms CPE requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required. Masters in Accountancy preferred. Relevant business experience is a plus.
- Strong Excel skills required.
- Good work ethic, service driven, strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently and take responsibility for assigned tasks while working in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills are a MUST
- Confidence to work directly with our top managers and shareholder’s from the start.
- Desire to learn and develop technical skills.