Primary Responsibilities and Expectations –
- Expertly edits, formats, foots/test foots, and proofs documents (primarily financial statements) created in Microsoft Word and Excel, as requested.
- Ability to prepare/insert charts, graphics, and tables into documents.
- As appropriate, suggests revisions with an understanding of the format/style, content, and quality expectations of the Firm.
- Operates independently with minimal direction.
- Looks for solutions and communicates proactively if issues occur.
- Serves as a formatting, style, grammar, and publishing resource.
- Documents procedures performed on documents by utilizing the appropriate report routing checklist or the Firm’s project tracking software.
- Preparation and distribution of both electronic and hard copy reports, including printing/copying, collating, binding, and shipping.
- Interacts directly and communicates clearly and professionally with Firm staff and external contacts.
- Consistently adheres to Firm standards, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality with respect to client information.
- Performs a quality control “self-review” of documents that he/she has edited against the source document before returning to staff. This includes checking of grammar,
spelling, formatting, page numbering, and formatting consistent with the Firm’s established report style.
- The ability to quickly and accurately switch from one project to another.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or similar.
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Adobe. Experience with ProSystem fx Engagement is a plus.
- Strong grammar and proofing experience.
- Experience in document editing, formatting, and quality control.
- Organized, efficient, self-motivated.
- Flexible attitude and willingness to work overtime on occasion.
- Ability to work under pressure, juggling projects and deadlines and managing time effectively while maintaining an attitude of cooperation and flexibility.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with others are essential.